Volume 13, Issue 9 (2-2015)                   JRUMS 2015, 13(9): 917-922 | Back to browse issues page

XML Persian Abstract Print

Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Soodejani M, Shirani Faradonbeh R, Hashemi S, Zahedi A, Dehghani A. Epidemiology of Accidents and Injuries in the City of Lordegan in 2012: A Short Report. JRUMS. 2015; 13 (9) :917-922
URL: http://journal.rums.ac.ir/article-1-2101-en.html
Shahid Sadoghi University of Medical Sciences
Abstract:   (6005 Views)

Background and Objective: Accidents and traffic events are the most influential factors in health. Given the importance of this matter, we designed this study to investigate accidents and analyze the data.

Materials and Methods: This is a cross-sectional study. Data were collected via recorded inputs in the accident registries in Health Network in 2012 and analyzed using descriptive statistics.

Results: In 2012, a total of 913 events were registered which 614 cases (67.3%) were male and the rest of them (32.7 %)were female. Most of events were related to accidents and traffic events (41%), poisoning (18%) and fall (10.1%) respectively, and a total of 55.2% of the accidents had been occurred among persons with the age of 15 to 35.

Conclusion Since, half of the events occurred in the age groups of young and productive population, it should be considered to train them accurately.

Key words: Epidemiology, Accidents and injuries


Funding: This research was funded by Yazd University of Medical Sciences

Conflict of interest: None declared.

Ethical approval: The Ethics Committee of Yazd University of Medical Sciences approved the study.


How to cite this article: Soodejani M, Shirani Faradonbeh R, Hashemi SA, Zahedi A, Dehghani A. Epidemiology of Accidents and Injuries in the City of Lordegan in 2012. J RafsanjanUniv Med Sci 2014 13(10): 917-22. [Farsi]

Full-Text [PDF 144 kb]   (1907 Downloads) |   |   Full-Text (HTML)  (853 Views)  
Type of Study: Description | Subject: Statistics& Epidemiology
Received: 2014/03/6 | Accepted: 2015/02/14 | Published: 2015/02/14

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:

Send email to the article author

Rights and permissions
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

© 2022 CC BY-NC 4.0 | Journal of Rafsanjan University of Medical Sciences

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb